vMenu v2 contains a lot of performance improvements (also due to the changes that I’ve PR’ed to the FiveM CitizenFX API set which is used by vMenu), no more (unused) memory buildups to some ridiculously high value, MP (freemode) Character customization support and much more. Read below for a full list of changes.
- Fixed multiple ‘null object’ exceptions.
- Fix the player stamina toggle option.
- Fix special vehicle god mode not being saved correctly.
- Fix Christmas weather particles and vehicle trails/footstep tracks not being loaded correctly in some cases.
- Fix / improve teleport to waypoint option. It should be a lot more accurate now.
- Fixed a NativeUI bug.
- Fix player names in notifications.
- Fixed UX issue with the ‘Delete Vehicle’ option.
ESC while a menu is open will no longer trigger the pause menu. Use
P on keyboard instead if you want to open the pause menu. Pressing
start on a controller still allows you to open the pause menu.
- Completely re-code the Online Players menu. Removed all memory leaks in that menu because of this.
- Fixed memory issues by preventing (unused) memory from building up to some high values like 500 MiB in some rare cases.
- Added MP Character customization.*
- Add a ‘Disable Plane Turbulence’ option in the vehicle options menu. Only works for planes. No this can’t be changed to support helicopters.
- Add a ‘Keep Vehicle Clean’ option in the vehicle options menu.
- Added default location blips to the locations.json file.
- Add picking up snowballs when the weather is set to ‘xmas’ and the player is on foot and unarmed. Only works if you have permission to spawn snowballs through the weapon options menu. This is done to prevent abuse.
- If you have a specific helmet that has a visor or a gadget that you can toggle (like nightvision goggles for example) you can now hold F11 while on a bike or on foot, (and while vMenu is closed). This will play an animation on your player and will flip the visor/gadget up/down (and switch to the proper component variation).
- Added a ‘vehicle dimensions debug’ option to the misc settings. It draws the outlines of the vehicle model, as well as the vehicle handle (entity id).
- Added speed limit options, PR by ToastinYou. Later improved by me by adding some notifications and further improvements.
- Added a Draw Time function to the misc setting menu. This replaces the time display in the Show Location option.
- Added a
vMenu.OnlinePlayers.ViewBannedPlayers permission that allows players to see the list of banned players in-game. This will not allow those players to unban those banned players. Only players with the
vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Unban permission will be able to unban players from this list.
- Remove old export related to headblend data and use the CFX C# API set instead. This also removes the .js file.
- Remove time display in the Show Location option. This has been moved to the Draw Time function.
Updated / Changed
- Update NativeUI with some fixes and very slight improvements.
- Properly implement player blips sprites.
- Re-write player blips functionality. Players too far away will no longer have blips shown on the minimap, only on the main pause menu map. Also players in vehicles that are too far away, will still have the correct vehicle blip now because I switched to decorators. In case that fails, the old system will automatically take over and attempt to show the correct blip.
- Change vehicle neon/under-glow colors to be the ‘official R*’ colors.
- Some internal changes were made to the dependency structure.
vMenu.OnlinePlayers.ViewBannedPlayers which allows players to see a list of banned players in-game. This does not give them access to the unban option.
vMenu.VehicleOptions.KeepClean which allows players to enable the Keep Vehicle Clean option.
vMenu.VehicleOptions.SpeedLimiter which allows players to use the speed limit option.
vMenu.VehicleOptions.DisableTurbulence which allows players to disable plane turbulence.
vMenu.VehicleOptions.PlaneBombs which both of those are currently unused, but will be a thing in the future.
* MP Character customization is a new menu which can be found just below the Player Appearance menu. You will need the
vMenu.PlayerAppearance.Menu permission to use it. There are no other permissions inside this menu that can restrict any of the features, because it’s all “1 big feature”.
Really important notes about MP Character customization
- You can NOT save existing peds made through vMenu, or some other mod/resource. You can only save/create/edit/spawn characters created through this new menu inside vMenu. This is due to GTA limitations.
- You should NOT edit your saved character through the ‘Player Appearance’ menu after you’ve created it in the ‘MP Character’ menu. Customizations done there will NOT be saved to your character.
- Some options like Tattoos are not (yet) available. Tattoos probably won’t be added due to a large number of impossible challenges to overcome. Mainly ‘getting’ the current tattoos on a ped, and ‘removing a specific tattoo’. Which are both impossible. Don’t even start with “but SkinControl has it”. No, it doesn’t. SkinControl basically commented in their code “fuck this part, it’s impossible” and they manually set everything to -1 (making it useless for our purpose).
Some cool but useless stats about this update: 40 files changed. 77,544 additions and 1,295 deletions.
vMenu.PlayerOptions.MaxHealth This allows the player to heal themselves in the Player Options menu.
vMenu.PlayerOptions.MaxArmor This allows the player to give themselves max armor in the Player Options menu.
vMenu.PlayerOptions.CleanPlayer This allows the player to clean their player clothes in the Player Options menu.
vMenu.PlayerOptions.DryPlayer This allows the player to make their clothes dry in the Player Options menu.
vMenu.PlayerOptions.WetPlayer This allows the player to make their clothes wet in the Player Options menu.
vMenu.PlayerOptions.VehicleAutoPilotMenu This allows the player to use the vehicle auto pilot options, which is located in the Player Options menu.
vMenu.MiscSettings.RestoreAppearance If this is allowed and the player enabled it in the Misc Settings menu, then whenever the player dies and respawns it will restore their previous skin. Might not work correctly for certain servers that have custom respawn logic implemented, or for the freemode peds.
vMenu.MiscSettings.RestoreWeapons If this is allowed and the player enabled it in the Misc Settings menu, then whenever the player dies and respawns it will restore all their weapons and attachments. Might not work correctly on certain servers that have custom respawn logic.
vMenu.PlayerOptions.Functions This permission is no longer used. It has been replaced with some of the added permissions in the list above.
New config options
vmenu_freeze_time Freeze the time by default when the server starts.
(can be set to true or false, default:
setr vmenu_freeze_time false)
vmenu_quit_session_in_rockstar_editor When you set this to true, it will leave the current game session if a player uses the rockstar editor button in the recording options menu.
(can be set to true or false, default:
setr vmenu_quit_session_in_rockstar_editor false)
Changes (tl;dr version)
- Bug fixes.
- Some things have moved in the menu.
- Some (sub)menus have been rewritten or changed in some other noticeable way.
- New features.
- Still snailsome 🐌
Changes (long version)
- Prevent vMenu crashing when server owners made a mistake in their locations.json file.
- Add an option for the server owner to configure, which (if enabled) will force players to quit the session as soon as they press the ‘Rockstar Editor’ button in the recording options menu.
- Fixed a player blips issue on OneSync enabled servers.
- Made player blips group correctly instead of creating a new entry for every single player.
- Also fixed some other random issues with player blips. In the mean time figured out a lot more info about undocumented blip natives (PR’s were made for the Natives reference.)
- Update my NativeUI fork for some slight performance improvements. (PR by @d0p3t)
- Create a new submenu in the Player Options menu called “Auto Pilot Options” which can be used for starting, stopping and changing (auto) driving options.
- Add a weather command (
vmenuserver weather <weatherType | dynamic <true | false>>) to be used in the server console only.
- Add a time command (
vmenuserver time <freeze <true | false> | <hour> <minute>>) to be used in the server console only.
- Do some major cleaning up regarding travis builds. Also implement appveyor builds for development artifacts.
- Removed all existing MP Ped customization related code. I’m re-coding everything related to mp peds so stay tuned.
- Re-coded the player appearance options menu, fixed some bugs while I was at it.
- Changed text on some notifications & debug logging.
- Fixed death notifications sometimes not showing up when a vehicle or other (non-player) entity killed a player.
- Added a ‘Restore Player Appearance’ and a ‘Restore Weapons’ option to the Misc Settings menu. Pretty self explanatory.
- Fix multiple onListChange and onListSelect event bugs. (these were getting duplicated and causing problems).
- ‘Clear Area’ in the Misc Settings menu is now synced for all players.
- The ‘commit suicide’ option in the Player Options menu has some better logic to decide what type of animation it should be (gun or the pill) and if it’s a gun, then it’ll choose a specific gun based on an internal preference list.
The pistol animation now actually has a real firing gun in it as well.
- Completely rewrite the Saved Vehicles menu, yes I’ve been listening to your requests. Addon vehicles menu will be getting a similar face lift in the near future, stay tuned.
- Remove all unnecessary loading of streamed assets. And unload the ones that aren’t needed anymore as soon as possible.
- Add some new config options (check the list above).
- Did some testing with wind noise, let me know if you notice a difference in wind noise after this update.
- Add a new “Illuminated Clothing Animation” option to the Player Appearance menu. If you have illuminated clothing, you can turn it on, off, make it fade or flash the lights. Should be synced for all players, however players that join later on might not see this. This is due to GTA V decorator limitations for the Player Ped.
- 2 small changes in the Weather Options menu (2 buttons are now checkboxes which update properly based on changes by other players as well).
- Internal: implement new storage data type (int).
- Internal: Add some new User Defaults settings & saving.
- Internal: Reset the experimental features to be enabled/disabled based on the config option in the
- Fixed some typos.
- Change how vMenu hides hud elements as well as change when vMenu should hide certain hud elements created by vMenu.
- No-reload option is now changed, it acts more like infinite ammo but this way it stops the rapid-fire revolvers and stops other mk2 weapons from completely going insane. Also fixes a issue when no-reload was on while in a vehicle.
- NoClip: change (increase) max speed and add some more in-between speeds as well.
- Like mentioned before, the ‘Player Functions’ in ‘Player Options’ is now separated into multiple buttons, each having it’s own permission node.
- Create a small JS script which will be used in a future version of vMenu. To be continued…
- Some MP Ped re-structuring and preparations for future development related to mp peds.
- Fix fast running & fast swimming options not being set/saved correctly.
- Add missing DLC vehicles to the Vehicle Spawner menu.
- Fix bullet proof tires option not working correctly. Will now als be locked if godmode is enabled and restore to the previous setting if godmode is disabled.
Pfew, that’s all. I sure hope you enjoy the update.
- Fixed time jumping/glichyness that appeared since v1.3.0.
- Added missing DLC vehicles into the Vehicle Spawner menu.
- Upgrade vMenu’s config system once again.
THIS UPDATE REMOVES THE config.ini FILE AND INSTEAD USES NEW CONVARS IN THE PERMISSIONS.CFG FILE.
Note that this update requires your FXServer artifacts to be up to date (around 801 and up should be fine).
Info on how to setup the new config system can be found on the configuration page.
- Improved server-side weather management.
- Added a new submenu called ‘Recording Options’, which allows you to start/stop recording using the in-game recording feature. It also allows you to enter the Rockstar Editor.
- Fixed vehicle extras being toggled on multiple vehicles.
- Fix small server console logging format mistake.
- Add 2 new options to the Time Options menu to allow for setting a custom hour & minute of the day.
- Fix pre-set teleport locations from teleporting to a safe location instead of the actual configured coordinates.
- (fixed) Spawning new vehicles now correctly re-sets the forward speed.
- Removed a lot of unused stuff.
- Created a new ConfigurationManager. All vMenu configuration options are now handled through a new file called
config.ini which can be found inside the
\config\ folder. Convars are no longer being used, from this version on!
- Added ELS compatibility config option.
- Added a new voice chat option, that will display a small icon in the bottom left corner, indicating whether your microphone is muted or if you’re talking to the server through voice chat.
- Added a lot of new configuration options, please check the updated docs page for info on all the new config options, and how to use them in the new config file!
locations.json. This file is used for configuring pre-set locations to either teleport to or to add as a blip on the map. (permissions support included)
- vMenu can now be used without having to set up permissions! Simply disable the permissions usage in the config section. Doing this will allow all options, except for actions like kick, ban, unban, kill, etc.
- fixed compatibility issue with other resources trying to disable the minimap.
- (maybe) fix some issues with tempbanning (it now uses the exact same functions that perm banning uses, only the date is different)
- update server console logging to include colors for warning/info/error messages. Also update console logging to be more universal and over all just improved messages.
- fix the ‘replace previous vehicle’ checkbox not showing the correct on/off state (it was showing the ‘default’ value for the ‘spawn inside car’ toggle.)
- add multiple client side notifications above the minimap for multiple actions. Things like banning should now always notify the original (staff) user if the ban was successful or failed, and if it failed it should provide a description of why it failed.
- fixed/changed control keys for menu navigation (it’s still up/down arrow keys and scrolling, but no longer some other random keys that were overlapping).
- catch errors when parsing addons.json, if you mess up your addons.json file, you’ll now get a decent error message in the server console exactly showing you where the problem is. (looks like this:)
- added a new config option to the __resource.lua file to allow you to keep all (previously) spawned vehicles persistent if you turn off the “replace previous vehicle” option in your vehicle spawner menu. (disabled by default).
- fixes multiple banning related critical bugs.
- Auto-banning of cheaters is now disabled by default, can be enabled using this convar:
set vMenuBanCheaters "true".
vMenuLogKickActions options are now enabled by default.
- Fixed compatibility issues between the Player Blips and the option in “Online Players” to draw a route to a player.
- (multiple commits) Added player blips! (note, this is still a work in progress! It might not be 100% :bug: -free!)
- cec725b Fixed a resolutions bug in NativeUI.
- 829ba7f Fixed issue #109.
- 886d1bc Added missing permissions node for vehicle ‘flash highbeams on honk’ option.
- ec7fed0 Changed the order/layout of some menus.
- 4ee8b66 Changed some descriptions and other text strings.
- 598a435 Improved readability and removed some clutter/messy things.
- 91eba95 Finally removed the default
"adder" text inside the textbox when spawning a vehicle by name. It’s now empty whenever you want to spawn a vehicle, meaning you can start typing right away.
Saved vehicles can now be spawned even with the “Vehicle Spawner” menu “disabled” (no permissions) as long as the saved vehicle belongs in a vehicle class that has been allowed.
For example. If you do not give players access to the vehiclespawner menu, but you still want them to be able to spawn saved vehicles from the “offroad” class, simply give them the “vMenu.VehicleSpawner.OffRoad” permission and they’ll still be able to spawn that vehicle using the saved vehicles menu.
Maybe fix some tempbanning issues, not sure. (see also: bc4ea4c)
- 9273b46 Completely changed the ‘set waypoint to player’ feature, it’s now a live-route instead of a the old waypoint system.
- 0eb208c Fixed bug that caused vMenu to freeze/crash when spawning a vehicle from the ‘trains’ category.
- 804cbb7 Add permission node to the “connection options” menu in misc settings.
New permission nodes in v1.2.0
vMenu.WeaponOptions.SpawnByName Allows players to spawn any vehicle by name.
vMenu.VehicleOptions.FlashHighbeamsOnHonk Allows players to use the “Flash Highbeams on Honk” feature.
vMenu.MiscSettings.PlayerBlips Allows players to enable player blips on the map.
vMenu.MiscSettings.ConnectionMenu Allows players to use the “Connection Options” submenu inside the “Misc Settings” menu.
v1.1.7 (Hotfix) Change
v1.1.7 (Hotfix) changelog
- Small update, fixes a bug that caused files like bans.json breaking whenever weird characters (or non-ascii) characters were used (often in someone’s username).
- While I was fixing that, I’ve also added formatting to the bans.json file for easier reading. note that you should not edit the bans.json directly, ESPECIALLY WHENEVER THE SERVER IS RUNNING.
Client side updates
- Add version to server convar
Documentation & config:
- Some changes and improvements in the README.md and other .md files
- Improve default permissions.cfg file, group inheritance is now fixed in recent server builds, so the default permissions.cfg file has implemented the group inheritance again. I suggest you rewrite your permissions file (use the new default one as a template) if you want to keep it clean and use proper group inheritance.
- Add unlimited stamina permission (
- Nerf player stats, they used to be way too OP (mainly weapon/shooting stats were insane)
- Fix #95 and slight performance improvements.
- (WIP: location and player blips, not yet fully implemented so will not work but preparation work has been done so it can be implemented soon)
- Refactor some default settings for new players. (won’t affect your current saved settings)
- along with FC (WIP: location and player blips, not yet fully implemented so will not work but preparation work has been done so it can be implemented soon)
- Changed debugging to embedded for better stack traces.
- Merge pull request #103 (fix tyre smoke color bug)
- refactor all weapons & their names + components (& component names)
- add missing weapon components
- Added unban command that can only be executed by the server console to unban a player.
To unban a player using the server console, type
vmenuserver unban "<playername>" (replacing
<playername> with the real player’s name, NOT case sensitive, allows spaces in player names as long as you surround the name with
- Fixed a bug that crashed the game when unlimited ammo was turned on and you equipped an MK2 weapon.
- Also improved the update checker.
list of all changes (quite a lot)
- ab87d35 added: add notifications that will appear in-game each time you join when the resource is outdated, to notify the server owner of a new update.
- 50b7a91 added: new vehicle ‘special’ godmode feature (use this for Phantom Wedge and similar vehicles).
- 88e55e2 added: new kick-action log feature. Requires convar
set vMenuLogKickActions "true" in server.cfg file. (Must be ABOVE
start vMenu in server.cfg). Actions will be logged to “/resources/vMenu/vmenu.log” (bans will now also be logged to that file).
- 31bbe7a added: quit game, quit session and disconnect from server buttons to a new misc settings submenu. Currently does not require any permissions to use. Will be added in the future.
- c7f75cd added: more notifications/subtitles for some menu related actions.
- 93c8c8d added: new/more callback notifications for when players get kicked or when the kick action fails.
- c391fc4 added: whenever you spawn a new vehicle, the vehicle will now get the same speed & RPM of your previous vehicle (only works if you were inside a vehicle that was on the move whenever you spawned the new vehicle). So you will no longer stop dead in your tracks whenever spawning a new vehicle.
- e208ddc added: added all missing dlc weapons (new permissions will be listed below).
- bfa1368 update: small performance updates.
- eb7e3d8 update: improve logging of bans and changed the log format to be easier to read when viewing the file. Same format is used for new kick-action log feature.
- 9f60c33 update: (dev change) modified notifications and subtitle classes.
- 63d7667 update: (dev change) cleaned up code internally.
- 07c28be update: (dev change) added more comments to some parts of the code.
- e9df970 update: (dev change) testing dll for nativeui (this commit was broken, has been fixed in future commit).
- 4d2bd20 update: (dev change) moved the order in wich a menu gets created and refreshed/updated.
- eb7f014 update: (dev change) added loading/saving of json strings to user saved data. (used for experimental features)
- 0fe49a0 update: more attempts at fixing the random issue someone was having regarding banning players breaking randomly. (not really any progress on finding the cause)
- a89b479 update: notifications above the minimap will now blink by default, this is useful when multiple messages are shown at the same time, and the same message already on the screen is being shown again, then you will now see which notification just got triggered.
- 4b588b9 update: cleaned up online players menu/actions and added more notifications so the user knows what happened.
- b7926d0 update: changed the order of some things inside the online players menu when performing some staff action on the target player.
- c975692 update: (ban manager) improved logging on the server and improved the callback notifications displayed to the source user whenever a staff action failed.
- 27c9255 update: improved debug logging (server side)
- 3378f00 update: disable unsafe mp character customization options for now. Will be added in the future but currently it will break everything, so please don’t try to enable this as it will screw up and modify your ped saves.
- 2d2af92 update: (dev change) sort weapon names/hashes/permissions A-Z for easier expansion and still being able to see what’s going on.
- 339c823 fixed: Fixed fast running/swimming not saving correctly and disabling itself randomly.
- b4e98dc fixed: flashing high-beams user preference not saving correctly.
- 628eb3f fixed: added ‘null’ check to prevent errors in console when first joining.
- 4887b73 fixed: quit game and quit session functions accessibility issues have been fixed.
- b8c1be5 fixed/update: added some null checks and more to attempt to debug a reported issue that still can’t be reproduced, even with the new
Testing Group on my discord server… 😕
- 0a83cbf fixed: some peds in the peds spawn list spawned the wrong ped (was only an issue in the dev branch, this was never a bug in the production version of vMenu).
- efe8175 fixed: fixed/improved the new ‘special godmode’ feature.
- ab44ce0 fixed: rewrote part of a menu to hopefully prevent vehicle extra’s/components being toggled on your previous vehicle whenever you toggle extras on your new vehicle. Didn’t happen all the time, but if you had this issue then it should be fixed in this update.
- 21e5e19 fixed: fix for this issue: #84.
- e263f13, 0ea71c1, 834be6f, 6499072, bd9a0b9 & 39ed5fc experimental update: (experimental, not available in this release) starting to test things out related to MP character customization.
- 87aea60 experimental update: starting to do some things with a ‘features config file’. Not yet implemented in this new release, but is a work in progress.
- ca73f46 travis: attempting some fixes to get travis working again. (not all commits are listed here, because it’s not important)
- 9b5b17f (travis: added development branch to trigger test builds.)
New permissions in this update
vMenu.VehicleOptions.SpecialGod This allows you to use the new special vehicle god mode feature.
- ( all new weapon permissions have been included in this list: https://hastebin.com/anowahehub.css )
New convars / settings in this update
set vMenuLogKickActions "true" add this ABOVE
start vMenu in your server.cfg if you want to log all staff kick actions to a file.
- added an indicator in the weather options menu to show what the current weather type is.
- added walking style options for the multiplayer male/female ped in the player appearance menu.
- added an unban menu. requires the
vMenu.OnlinePlayers.Unban permission. The menu can be accessed from the Main Menu.
- added an option to log all ban/unban actions of staff-members to a file. to enable this, add
set vMenuLogBanActions true to your server.cfg file (somewhere above
- [dev] added events that get triggered on the server side when a player was successfully kicked, banned or unbanned (only useful for resource developers).
- removed src folder from auto-generated download.
- fixed index out of range exception when pressing “enter” in an empty submenu.
- fixed typo making the “no bike helmet” option save correctly now when pressing “save preferences”.
- fixed a mistake in the default permissions.cfg file that prevented the
DontBanMe permission from working (if you customized/changed it, then it would’ve worked just fine)
- fixed and cleaned up some random minor things, and changed license because of too many idiots abusing the old license.
- Added full weapons permissions support (each weapon has it’s own permission now).
- Added gameplay camera rotation locking.
- Fixed kicking, summoning and killing.
- Added ban and tempban options.
- Fixed more stuff.
- 2a1fdde Clear Area option in Misc Settings (requires:
vMenu.MiscSettings.ClearArea permission). It will clear the area around you (100 meters) of all damage to the world, objects, props, broken street lights (and similar world-details), vehicles, peds, etc, etc.
- 72d3fc9 Added a new convar (
set vMenuDisableDynamicWeather "true") that when set will disable dynamic weather changes by default when the server starts. It can still be turned on if players have permission to toggle it, but it’ll be disabled by default with this convar set.
- 706efdf Added the
KAMACHO. Apparently this car was missing from the off-road category, but nobody noticed or bothered reporting it, so this has now been fixed.
- 3a0beb3 Changed the design of the Weapon Options menu. Every weapon is now in their correct Weapon Category. Reducing the 82 items long list in some better organized submenus. Full permissions support will be added soon.
- c0d8518 Changed the weather system to increase the chance of “good weather” and reduce the chance of “bad weather” (rain/thunder/overcast).
- 454703a Some internal cleaning up.
Fixes and improvements
- 9de2eea Fixed addon list permission bug for vehicle spawning. This list will now also check for vehicle classes permissions.
- 65ce0b5 Improved some “spacer items centering” internal functions (used in the new Weapon Options menu and the Vehicle Colors submenu).
- 087a589 Fixed/improved vehicle and player freezing/unfreezing, allowing for better compatibility with other resources relying on the player to be frozen without external resources trying to unfreeze the entity constantly.
- d1e5b0f Fixed an issue which allowed certain people who think they’re cool abuse the kick/summon/kill options by injecting code into the game and creating fake events. It’s unlikely this has been used a lot, if at all, so it’s nothing to worry about. Especially because it’s now fixed 😊.
- c1e8aa8 Fixed saved vehicles being spawned multiple times when opening/closing the menu a lot and disabling “replace previous vehicle”. Thanks to Deltanic for reporting this some time ago and helping me test/debug this issue.
- fa28ac9 Also reported by Deltanic, was that sometimes your car would not be deleted/placed on the ground correctly when already in a vehicle and spawning a new one. This is now changed so if you disabled “replace previous vehicle” and you spawn a new car while already being inside one, your old one won’t be deleted and your new car will spawn in front of your old car.
v1.0.9 (+ v1.0.9 hotfix) Changes
v1.0.9 (hotfix) changelog
- Hotfix has just been released, fixing a corrupt dependency file.
Bug fixes, new features and some features have changed. Also quite a few internal changes.
- Added more realistic suicide options. (random: 50⁄50 chance: either take the pill, or shoot yourself in the head (currently slightly bugged because the gun does not make any sound when the animation is playing, still need to figure out how to solve that).
- Changed unlimited stamina to use stats instead of a repeating native call. Also included driving, flying shooting, and other MP stats to be 100% at all times. This also greatly increases the max ammo count for weapons 🙂
- Improved performance and fix incompatibility issues with some other [random] resources. Help text being drawn by buggy resources could cause issues for vMenu. Not sure if it’s fixed 100% but I guess we’ll find out for sure when this update is shipped out.
- Added more debugging when debug mode is on. I’m trying to figure out an issue relating vehicles not being deleted or spawning x amount of times instead of only once when toggling “Replace Previous Vehicle” on/off repeatedly, this bug is still in this version as I’m still not sure how to solve it. For the time being, just keep Replace Previous Vehicle turned on to prevent this.
- Fixed another couple of NativeUI bugs, hopefully reducing the weird positioning on some systems -although the previous 6 million of those “fixes” didn’t seem to work either so I doubt it’ll improve anything- it’s worth a try.
- Switched to another version of Newtonsoft.Json. It’s now compatible for client and server side. Saving things to the client will now be done using Newtonsoft.Json instead of my own hacky json parser functions. This will allow for improved saving in the future. For now I’ve just tried to keep compatibility with existing save files and also keep backwards compatibility for servers using older versions of vMenu. However if I decide to update the system completely, it might mean you either lose your custom saves, or you loose access to them on certain servers using outdated versions of vMenu. Though that’s planned for another update.
- Added the
vMenu.VehicleSpawner.DisableReplacePrevious permission. This is now required in order to be able to turn off the “Replace Previous Vehicle” toggle. This is to give server owners the ability to protect their servers against vehicle spawn spam.
- Last but not least, some misc improvements, not very noticeable but it was needed to get the resource more organized.
- Fixed addon.json file not being loaded properly.
- Fixed weapon spawning and setting all ammo permissions.
- Added new DLC vehicles to the the correct vehicle classes/categories. (Note, at the time of writing this you still need to get Blü’s resource to add the vehicles here.
- Added night vision and thermal vision in the Misc Settings menu. Required permissions are:
- Updated instructions, readme and permissions list on the GitHub wiki pages as well as in the provided readme.md and permissions.md files in the repository.
- Also updated the Travis builds, however this has nothing to do with vMenu features/bugfixes.
- Added temporary workaround for engine on/off toggle bug.
- Cleaned up code.
- Disabled saved car spawning if the car is not available on the current server (addon/future dlc cars for example).
- Added addon vehicles, peds and weapons lists, which can be customized by the server owner (checkout the new addons.json file). If you want to be able to spawn addon vehicles from the addons list, then add this permission:
vMenu.VehicleSpawner.Addon. If you want to be able to spawn weapon addons from the addons list, then add this permission:
vMenu.WeaponOptions.Spawn. If you want to spawn addon peds from the list, then make sure you have this permission:
- Added “Spawn Weapon By Name” option.
- Added “Spawn Player Model By Name” option.
- Added “Set All Ammo” and “Refill All Ammo” buttons to set/refill the ammo in all of your weapons at once. Requires the
vMenu.WeaponOptions.SetAllAmmo permission (that single permission will grant access to both those options).
- Added parachute options menu to the “Weapon Options” menu. Equip primary and reserve parachutes, change the style of each of them and set a smoke trail color. Note changing smoke color is a bit buggy. To change it, stop using smoke for about 5-10 seconds, then scroll through the colors a few times and then stop to end up on the color that you want. Then start using smoke again.
- Added permission support for spawning weapons:
vMenu.WeaponOptions.Spawn is now required to be able to spawn any weapon. (Note, if you have the
vMenu.WeaponOptions.GetAll permission, you’ll still be able to use the “Get All Weapons” button even if you don’t have the
- Added driving tasks options. (Player Options > Player Actions > Drive To Waypoint / Drive Around Randomly). Note that it’s still a WIP and you can’t set a custom driving style just yet. It’s currently set to “rushed”.
- Fixed a small issue regarding the window title when getting user input (the black input box).
- Fixed saved cars (old format) not being converted/saved correctly to the new format. The save was fine, but it used the wrong save name when re-saving. This is now fixed.
- Attempted another fix/improvement that has to do with the car spawning and deleting bug. It works fine for me, not sure if others will have issues with it. Just note that if you see something like this in the console:
Invalid network/entity ID that is NOT caused by vMenu. It’s another scrip that fails to handle Network ID’s correctly.
- Fixed 2k/ultra wide monitors from freaking the fuck out when opening the menu (sometimes).
- Improved teleporting to waypoint, it’s now a lot less common to get the “could not teleport” error and be teleported randomly near the original waypoint, instead you’ll now often be teleported exactly to the waypoint (if possible).
- Almost certainly fixed the vehicle despawn issue. Can’t confirm that it’s 100% fixed as i’ve spend 5 minutes spawning new vehicles non stop, and it worked fine every time, but I’ve not tested it a 2 million and 10th times… Only time will tell if this actually worked.
- Solved some other small bugs I noticed while trying to figure out the bug mentioned above and also fixed those and cleaned up the code a lot regarding the spawning of vehicles.
- Fixes the menu not being displayed on 4k screen resolutions. Also a typo in the version checker has been fixed, thanks @Zach for pointing it out.
- Bug fixes, some visual improvements, added No Clip (requires the
vMenu.NoClip permission, activate it by pressing
F2 by default, button can be changed by adding
set vMenuNoClipKey xxx in your server.cfg file (xxx being a valid key code of course)). For the full patch notes check the release on GitHub.
v1.0.3 (small update) Changes
- Fixed some (small) permissions related bugs, also fixed the “super fast scrolling” bug for players playing at >60fps.
v1.0.1 (hotfix) Changes
- Fixed a critical permissions bug for when you setup the permissions using